Wednesday 4 November 2015

'White Prickly Holey Spikes'









I think it's fair to say I'm going through 'A White Period' with my pieces at the moment. I'm really trying to focus on form and texture using just the clay and my hands. 

Making them is becoming therapeutic for me. They take ages to make, sticking on each tiny little spike and it frustrates me that I can make them quicker. But I am reminded - this is clay, you can't force it. Well you can but that's lame and slipping it into a production mold kinda beats the whole point.

I suppose the white is my way of hoping for purity, simplicity. My world feels crazy at the moment yet if I can create these beautiful pure objects maybe something good has come from it. Maybe I'm just hoping for snow again this winter

No comments:

Post a Comment